Saturday, 31 July 2010
Tools from the Toolbox
I have just returned from our annual Bible Camp in Stafford and have been both challenged and thrilled by the word of God and the display of His power in miracle sign and wonder. On Tuesday we met as elders and leaders from the various churches to hear from our senior Apostle, Keri Jones, who encouraged us in the word and directed us clearly to be both inspirational and practical in our preaching and teaching in the year ahead. He particularly encouraged us to place great emphasis on equipping the saints in our care for the work of the ministry, and this I am always keen to do.
In Ephesians chapter four we read that the goal of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers is to "Equip" the body (church) for acts of service (ministry). In other words, every person in the church to be trained to live a victorious life and be a blessing, not only to the rest of the church, but also in the world. So over the next twelve months as a church we will be looking at twelve key tools that every Christian needs to have in their tool kit.
1. The word of your Testimony (Revelation 12:11)
2. The Power of the Blood of Jesus (Hebrews 10:18-20)
3. Speaking in Tongues (Jude 20)
4. The Power of your Confession (Hebrews 4:14)
5. The Power of Agreement (Matthew 18:18-19)
6. The Name of Jesus (Acts 3:6)
7. The Power of Blessing (Luke 9:16)
8. The Power of Prayer (James 5:16)
9. The Promises of God (2 Corinthians 1:20)
10. The Word of Prophecy (1 Timothy 4:14)
11. The Power of Faith (Hebrews 11:1)
12. The Power of a Good Conscience (Hebrews 10:22)
It will be an exciting time of growth and challenge for each one of us. For some of our newer brothers and sisters these topics will be revolutionary. For others it will mean a sharpening and a greater clarity in these wonderful truths from God's word.